Reflections of and on a probably Asperger's parent parenting an Asperger's kid (or 2)!

dragon pups

dragon pups

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Modernity

I am apparently more addicted to power and running water than I thought...

The storms this week struck a pole on our corner, line down, our street the only one in the village/ neighborhood without power.  In all honesty we are just fine.  I work at a place where I can wash my children, and we have been able to scavenge food, and been graciously invited to be fed by others.  We got BIG buckets of water.  I just git most of the meat out of the freezer yesterday and shared it with a friend who is keeping it for us...

The thing that has been over the top difficult for me is sleeping.  It is just too hot.  I can no stand to touch my own body, and then melting preschoolers seek comfort from a hug and I am just beside myself.  I spend the whole night pushing them as far away from me as I can, which is NOT sleeping.

The power returned sometime yesterday.  We came home last night find everything on.

And I am overwhelmed with RELIEF...

and I feel a little bit guilty about being so relieved, I thought I was made of rougher stuff than that, but now the the power is back and we do not HAVE to deal with daily finagling of schedules to relieve our bladders, feed ourselves and cool off, I feel like I can finally cope with all the rest of the bothersome issues that have come up this week - like working til midnight tonight, praying for my mother-in-law who had a stroke this week, planning a Jedi Day Camp for elementary kids in 2 weeks, getting ready to visit with my friend from Spain...

Lord, running water is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My thoughts are mine, yours are yours, this page is mine - offensive comments will be deleted. Thanks!