Reflections of and on a probably Asperger's parent parenting an Asperger's kid (or 2)!

dragon pups

dragon pups

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lost Him... again...

So we lost our son... for a little while... again...
NOT like "he was dead"!!!! Hopefully that won't happen [... again]!

No, I mean that we... misplaced... him... in a snow storm...

Here's the scoop:

Lots of media coverage, BIG storm coming, LOTS of snow.  Facebook posts by local friends are all talking about Al Roker sightings around town.  We are at the "epicenter"... awesome.

Snow starts late at night, wake up the next morning and it's still coming, easily have a foot...
Husband/ Daddy gamely goes outside to shovel out the heating unit, and even let me sleep in...
I wake to hear sister crying in frustration because she cannot find her rain boots... I am guessing she wants to go "help" Daddy, so I urge her to look harder...
Daddy shovels a place for the dog as well as the heater, and comes back in for a warm shower.  Daughter is putting on boots...
Power flickers...
"Quick!, everybody pee! Before we lose power!" [We are on a well]
I call Son...
no response...
Daddy has jumped in shower, daughter has peed...
"Where is Son?"...
Daughter: "Outside"
"WHAT!?" Daddy & I , simultaneously...
I rush to find boots, Daddy rushes to get out of shower, I put my head out the door and call name...
no response...
I get myself outside, I call his name again. I see tracks leading to Dog's Spot and to the truck.  What did Daddy need out of the truck?
The truck door opens...

Son is in truck! "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?  Come in here!"
"In a minute.  I am looking for something"...
!?!?! within a minute there is an inch of snow piled IN my truck where he's left the door open!  AAGGG!!!
Sludge thru snow...
"What!?  What are you looking for? Why don't you come in?"
"I have lost my shoe"
!?!?! dude! THERE IS SNOW IN MY TRUCK!!!!
"Get on my shoulders. I am done"
I sludge back to the house in 14 inches of snow with 60 lb boy slipping off my back...

20 minutes later: "Here's my Star Wars Lego robot!"

24 hours later: Daddy found the shoe in the 20 inches of snow next to the truck...

Remember that commercial for plastics that said, "It will be a miracle is he lives til..."
Plastic is NOT gonna fix this, man...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My thoughts are mine, yours are yours, this page is mine - offensive comments will be deleted. Thanks!